Showing all 2 results

Riess has a rich tradition, with its roots dating back to the year 1550. That is when the original pan forge was founded in Ybbsitz in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel region. The manufacture of Riess high-quality porcelain enamel kitchenware began here in 1922 when Josef, Juliand and Leopold Riess decided to manufacture “healthy cookware” made from porcelain enamel. At that time indeed, cooking involved harmful substances. When heated, pans released toxic substances. Today, Julian Riess, Friedrich Riess and Susanne Riess, the ninth generation of the family, are at the helm of the company. They perpetuate the family know-how in enamelware making, and commit to energy saving and safe cooking. Many manual work steps must be taken by the Riess team before a piece of distinctive enamelware leaves the production site. The team’s passion for quality has its roots in the company’s social commitment.
The manufacturing process is powered by green energy from the three hydroelectric power plants along the Ybbs, which have provided electricity generation since 1926.

Riess

Riess

Riess has a rich tradition, with its roots dating back to the year 1550. That is when the original pan forge was founded in Ybbsitz in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel region. The manufacture of Riess high-quality porcelain enamel kitchenware began here in 1922 when Josef, Juliand and Leopold Riess decided to manufacture “healthy cookware” made from porcelain enamel. At that time indeed, cooking involved harmful substances. When heated, pans released toxic substances. Today, Julian Riess, Friedrich Riess and Susanne Riess, the ninth generation of the family, are at the helm of the company. They perpetuate the family know-how in enamelware making, and commit to energy saving and safe cooking. Many manual work steps must be taken by the Riess team before a piece of distinctive enamelware leaves the production site. The team's passion for quality has its roots in the company's social commitment. The manufacturing process is powered by green energy from the three hydroelectric power plants along the Ybbs, which have provided electricity generation since 1926.